Fire Safety Certificate
Fire safety certificates are obligatory certificates in Russia for certain types of products. It can be issued only by accredited certification bodies. Russian authorities pay a lot of attention to fire safety regulations, as well as properties of materials of applied products: ignitability, combustibility, toxicity and smoke emission, etc. Numerical values of these parameters are regulated in respective standards.
Types of certificates
- Certificate for a batch according to a shipping contract (A1)
- Certificate for serial production, valid for 1-5 years (A2)
Certificate for a batch according to a shipping contract
Certificate is valid through the whole duration of agreement, until all goods, which are listed in an appendix to a contract, will be shipped to the customer.
Certificate for serial production
Certificate for a serial production can be valid for 1, 3 and 5 years. Certified products can be imported to the countries of the CU without restrictions at any time during the period of validity of a certificate.
The following documents are required for obtaining a certificate:
- Delivery contract
- HS-code, product name
- Technical descriptions, operation manuals
- Photos (incl. nameplates), drawings, schemes
- All the technical parameters / description of operating principle of a device
- Existing certificates of quality (CE, ISO, ATEX)
- Test protocols (factory and independent laboratories), including income inspection and sample testing
Some other documents can be required additionally depending on a type of products.
IMPORTANT! All the documents must be in Russian language.
When all the documents are checked, procedure of certification can be started. Then certification experts carry out analysis of the production, which can be done as follows:
- Visit of an expert to the manufacturing premises;
- Testing of product samples. Tests can be done right at production or in the lab on the territory of CU. It depends on type of products.
- Products for tests can be imported to the territory of CU without certificates
Some products, which need Fire Safety certification:
- Fire-resistant valves
- Fire alarm systems and data cables
- Fire-resistant materials, coatings
- Fire-resistant doors
- Fire hoses and tubes
- Installations, operated with gas
- Industrial products with gas burners
- Flammable materials (for example, wallpapers, carpets, doors)
- Some electrical products, such as circuit breakers
- Building products and constructions with fire protection functions
The full list can be found in the Statement of Government of the Russian Federation № 241 from 17.03.2009.
IMPORTANT! ONLY accredited certification body can make a conclusion whether fire safety certificate is needed for exact product. At least HS-code and sometimes OKP code (All-Russian Product Classifier) is required for this.
Please, send us your request and our experts will check which certificates are required for the import of your goods to the territory of the Customs Union.