New technical regulation entered into force in EAEU
Effective March 1, 2018, technical regulation 037/2016 "On restriction of use of dangerous substances in products of electrical equipment and radio electronics" is in force in countries of the Eurasian Economic Union.
This document was adopted on October 18, 2016. The conformity assessment of the according products is carried out in form of a declaration.
Following types of equipment are subject to TR EAEU 037/2016:
- Lighting equipment;
- Electronic computers, as well as devices connected to them;
- Electrical appliances and household appliances (kitchen and garden equipment, heaters and much more);
- Office equipment;
- ATMs, cash registers, ticket printing machines;
- Telecommunication devices (telephones, fax machines, mobile radio stations and others);
- Fire and security alarm systems;
- Power tools;
- Electric musical instruments;
- Cables, wires and cords that are intended for use at a rated voltage of not more than 500 V DC or AC (excluding fiber optic cables);
- Trading and slot machines.
Production and manufacture of mentioned technical devices without an existing declaration in accordance with TR EAEU 037/2017 is allowed until March 1, 2020.